Ghana’s Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has shut down the La branch of the Marwako restaurant.
The FDA on Monday shut down the East Legon branch of Marwako restaurant over allegations of food poisoning.
This was after scores of persons took to Twitter to complain about food poisoning after eating food from the East Legon branch of Marwako restaurant.
Some of the victims are reportedly receiving treatment at the Accra Ridge Hospital and the Korle-Bu Hospital.
Reacting to the development, Ghana’s Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) in a press release noted that it had closed down the East Legon branch of the Marwako restaurant.
The FDA stated that it had taken note of the complaints from the public about suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant.
“The FDA has taken notice of complaints from the public about the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant. We have closed down the restaurant and together with other relevant agencies, started investigations.”
“We wish to assure the public that the issue would be thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions taken.”
Additionally, FDA is ensuring the strict implementation of its protocols to prevent any further harm to the public,” the statement from the FDA said.
The Abelemkpe branch has also been closed down to the general public.
In an updated release on Friday 13th May 2022 the FDA stated that it had also closed the La branch of the Marwako restaurant.
Read full statement below:
Ghana | Atinkaonline.com | Vivian Adu